More and more people are paying attention to their bone health . A report from IOF (The International Osteoporosis Foundation) shows that an estimated 183 million people in the Asia, Europe and USA suffer from osteoporosis, a disease that makes bone thin and weak, and increases risk of fractures.
Osteoporosis strikes at any age, but occurs mostly in people over 50. By age 70, between 30 and 40 percent of all women have had at least one fracture linked to osteoporosis. So how to keep our bone health ?
1. Regular physical activity
·Exercise . Regular exercise including run, swim, dance etc can promote blood circulation, and improve bone growth and strength.
·Basking. Plenty of sunshine improves the calcium absorption, strengthens bone growth
2. Healthy Living Habit
· Do not eat too greasy, salty food , it affects the absorption of calcium
· Smoking lowers the level of the hormone estrogen in your body, which can cause you to go through menopause earlier, boosting your risk for osteoporosis
· Drinking a lot of Carbonated Beverage may cause the calcium loss , and make your bones weaker
3. Food & Nutrition supplement
To make our bones strong , we need the following ingredients from dietary & nutrition supplement :
·The calcium-rich food : Milk, Bean products, Seaweed, Dried small shrimps
·Vitamin D : Mushrooms, Seafood, Animal liver, Egg yolk, and Lean meat
·Magnesium : Laver, Grains, Almonds, Peanuts, Spinach
·Potassium : Bananas, Oranges , Potatoes, Spinach, Yam, Seaweed
·Vitamin K : Vegetable, the greener its leaf is , the more content of VK it contains
·Vitamin B12 : Animal liver, Lean beef, Whole Wheat Bread, Low-fat dairy products
At present , the most popular nutrition supplement for bone health include :
· Calcium . Liquid Calcium and Calcium salt capsule
· Strontium Citrate capsule
· Vitamin K (MK-4 & MK-7) capsule
· Vitamin D capsule