Product name : Vitamin K2
Other name: Vitamin K2 MK-4, Menaquinone, Menatetrenone
Molecular Formula: C31H40O2
Molecular Weight: 444.65
Appearance: Light yellow to White powder
Vitamin K2 review/What is VK2 ?
Vitamin K includes phylloquinone (Vitamin K1), Menaquinones (VK2) and Menadionione (VK3). All these vitamins have the healthy function on the bones, the heart and the liver. Vitamin K1 is found in green leafy vegetables like Lettuce, Spinach, Cabbage, Broccoli and vegetable oil. K2 sources is the certain bacteria, which is found in egg yolks, cheese, Natto-a soy product, butter and cow liver.
VK2, which is also called Menatetrenone, plays an important role in blood clotting and tissue building . It is essential for the carboxylation of glutamate residues in certain proteins, to give-carboxyglutamate. This modification allows the protein to bind calcium, an essential event in the blood clotting cascade. Carboxylation of glutamate is also important in other proteins involved in the mobilization or transport of calcium, VK2 Menatetrenone is effective in bone growth and development, and it is being used to treat the degenerative bone disease osteoporosis.
VK2 MK-4 Benefits /Functions :
- Reducing the chances of bone fractures and damage.
- Promoting the formation of Osteocalcin, increases the density of bones and reduces bone loss
- Accelerating blood clotting, accelerates and maintains proper clotting time.
- Preventing calcification of blood vessels and arteriosclerosis
- Treating the degenerative bone disease osteoporosis.
Vitamin K2 dosage
200-500 mcg per day